You still have time to enter my book trailer contest! Create a fun, short video celebrating the Clarissa and Benji books and you could WIN!
All video submissions must be received by January 15th, 2013.
GRAND PRIZE WINNER:
1. The winning video will be revealed here on the blog as the OFFICIAL TRAILER. It will also be posted on the Scholastic Canada website.
2. I will visit the winner’s school to lead some writing workshops and personally thank the winner/winner’s class.
3. The winner will receive a prize pack from Scholastic Canada valued at $100.00.
4. The winner’s classroom and library will receive a signed set of my books (WORDS THAT START WITH B, LOVE IS A FOUR-LETTER WORD, and DAYS THAT END IN Y).
THREE RUNNERS UP:
1. These winning videos will also be posted on the blog.
2. Runners up will receive a prize pack from Scholastic Canada valued at $25.00
Ready to enter? Email email@example.com for a registration form.
FOR TEACHERS AND LIBRARIANS
-Group and individual entries are eligible
-Great project for students in grades 4-8 studying media, digital literacy and integrated arts programs
-Excellent opportunity for lit groups, book clubs or reading circles
-Possibility of winning an author visit for your school AND books for the classroom and library!
First of all, get your hands on a copy of WORDS THAT START WITH B and LOVE IS A FOUR-LETTER WORD!
Click here to read an excerpt from WORDS THAT START WITH B
Click here to read an excerpt from LOVE IS A FOUR-LETTER WORD
-Check out some of the book trailers on the Scholastic youtube channel to get some ideas
-Think about your favourite movie trailers. What do you like about them? How can you apply these elements to a book trailer?
-Consider dramatizing your favourite scene from one of the books.
-Imagine a new or deleted scene from one of the books.
-Create a slideshow of images that remind you of the series, accompanied by a voice over of one of the characters.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. Remember the sky’s the limit! I can’t wait to see what you come up with!